Here is one of the many recipes we plan on sharing with you and we hope you enjoy them as much as we have. Feel free to create your own recipes using our Beer Syrups and then share them with us by emailing email@example.com.
Beer Candied Bacon
1 Pound of Thick Cut Bacon
1/2 Cup of Beer Syrup
Kitchen Utensils Needed:
Basting Brush (rubber bristle brush is recommended)
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut and lay parchment paper to cover the whole cookie sheet.
- Fill your measuring cup with 1/2 cup of your favorite Beer Syrup.
- Remove bacon from the package and lay strips on the parchment paper.
- Using your basting brush, brush each side of the bacon strips with Beer Syrup and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use the tongs to flip the bacon strips and then brush both sides with Beer Syrup. Return the cookie sheet to the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush both sides of the bacon strips once more before returning it to the oven to cook for the final 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and use tongs to lay the Beer Candied Bacon strips on a wire cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Make sure to use Thick Cut Bacon as it will crisp too quickly and burn.
- Make sure to use Parchment Paper to line your cookie sheet. DO NOT use Wax Paper as the wax will melt and smoke will develop while leaving a foul burnt wax scent in the oven.
- After cooking the Beer Candied Bacon and letting it cool, cut into small pieces to be used as an ingredient or topping for some of your favorite foods. Here are some of the food ideas we have for including our Beer Candied Bacon.
Waffles or Pancakes
- You can fold small pieces into the batter and cook them as you would with normal waffles and pancakes or use as a topping and pour your favorite Beer Syrup on for additional flavor.
- Fold small pieces into the batter and pan fry or bake your cornbread.
- We recommend folding pieces into the batter because the Beer Candied Bacon will harden and lose moisture if placed on top of the batter before baking.
- Any flavor of ice cream will work for this because let's face it, bacon makes everything better! Use it as a topping or make your own ice cream at home and fold it into the mix. We also recommend pouring your favorite beer syrup on to the ice cream as a topping for additional flavor.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- We recommend folding pieces into the cookie dough because the Beer Candied Bacon will harden and lose moisture if placed on top of the dough before baking.